Ups and downs are a part of everyone’s life. However, when these ups and downs express as dramatic shifts in mood, energy and the ability to carry out everyday tasks, bipolar disorder may be the cause. Bipolar disorder is often disruptive to relationships, work, school, and the ability to take care of oneself.
What Are The Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of bipolar disorder fall into two categories: manic symptoms and depressive symptoms. The most common of each are:
- Feeling overly happy or energetic
- Behaving impulsively or participating in uncharacteristic activities
- Sleeping very little
- Talking fast and jumping between subjects
- Feeling hopeless or slowed down
- Inability to make decisions or concentrate
- Changing sleeping or eating habits
- Loss of interest in favored activities
If the symptoms of bipolar disorder sound familiar to you, Tamber can help. Our therapists, specialists and psychiatrists understand how complex bipolar disorder is, and they focus on helping you feel better faster.